Snap Shots(5 mins)
A fun game to teach young student movement skills and listening skills. The game can also be adapted to teach different areas of the curriculum.
- Listening skills
- Word or shape recognition
- Whiteboard marker
Aim of the game:
- To mime an action to the instructions of the teacher; play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, slow motion.
How to Play:
- Draw a remote control on the board with buttons (play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, slow motion.)
- Instruct the students to mime an action or behaviour of their choice.
- The students need to mime the behaviour depending on which button you press. If you push play they act at normal speed, if you push rewind they do the action backwards etc….
The game can be played using shapes to mean each instruction (Triangle could mean play, square could mean pause and circle could mean slow motion. Instead of calling out “slow motion” you could just call out “circle”, for younger students this can help to teach shape recognition.